- Even if I have a different agenda I’m out for, I don’t hesitate before going into the bookshop that I just spotted on the streets or at the mall. I mean, priorities don’t apply when you’re a book lover, I suppose.
- The music that people think I’m listening to on my walks, in the subways, etc. are actually just audiobooks. There’s really no one way to consume books.
- My idea of an after-exam reward party is curling up in the bed with some hot/cold beverage and a book or gifting myself a book/books.
- My TBR pile is getting out of control but that sequel just came out and there’s no way my TBR pile is stopping me from getting it.
- I always carry a book with me without fail. That 2-minute break between lectures I have? Yeah that’s the perfect time to whisk out the book shoved into my backpack.
- I have on multiple occasions channeled my inner Harry Potter by using my mobile or some other flashlight to read in the dark when my parents expect me to be asleep.
- My birthday gift is usually a book/books or bookish related things which in a way works out better for my friends -laughs-. There’s really no brainstorming required to get me something because i’ll be raving about a particular book for months on end and really trying to drive my point home by being as apparent as can be.
- I try to cure my boredom/dislike of one book by picking up another book and the vicious cycle goes on.
- By the end of most conversations, somehow I always end up talking about books one way or the other. At this point, it’s not even something I do consciously.
- If I’m not talking about books, I’m usually trying to keep my book blog, bookstagram and goodreads afloat. I’m also an english major so even more books to keep my grades afloat! -nervous laughter- It’s uncanny how surrounded I am with bookish related stuff all the time.
This is my first venture into Top Ten Tuesday hosted by the amazing That Arsty Reader Girl. Today’s topic was Spring 2020 TBR and it seemed like a perfect way to enter TTT. There’s a lot that I want to get done considering my TBR is intimidating as heck but the list below seems like a good place to begin my showdown.
1) To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I’m at this point and time possibly the only human in this world who hasn’t read this book. It’s been on my TBR for literal ages and honestly it hurts to say that i’m a tad embarrassed to have never read it before. But this year seems like the year to get through with this one.
2) Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Another one that I have been meaning to read for a long while now. I have never read a Cassandra Clare book (Or I sort of have read a couple here and there but that was literal years ago) and kinda of want to dive into her Shadowhunter-verse or whatever it’s called. With all the hype for Chain of Gold I really want to know what’s up and the infernal devices seemed like a good place to start.
3) Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
4) Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
5) Persuasion by Jane Austen
Completing the complete works of Jane Austen is high on my TBR list. If I get through both Persuasion and Mansfield Park I’d have done just that.
6) Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
7) The Girl Of Hawthorne and Glass by Adan Jerreat-Poole
I got this ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review and I’m really looking forward to what the book has to offer. The premise seems super exciting!
8) A Feast For Crows – George RR Martin
One of my major goals for this year is complete the entire ‘A song of ice and fire’ and I think i’m doing pretty alright so far. Here’s hoping I keep up the momentum. Also fingers crossed for The Winds of Winter yelp
9) Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
Once again lemme put you through a shocker and say I have never read a Murakami in my life. Yup, I’m a disgrace. But I really want to change that and Spring seems like a good month to turn things around.
10) Basti by Intizar Husain
This is a part of my reading to do for uni so I need to get it done before exams shower in. I’m a bit scared to dive into this one as I’ve heard it’s dense but wish me luck guys!